Here is a list of my favorite web sites I use to find new music/artists and news on new cd releases:
1) AccuRadio.com - Basically online radio with no commercials broken down into every category of music imaginable from mainstream to obscure. You can even skip through songs and personalize what you hear by indicating whether you like the track or not and even tell the site to never play it for you agian. You can even build your own channel based on what you want to hear. AccuRadio is great to find new music and hear more of what you love!
2) ArtistDirect.com - Another great site to find music. It also has featured artists/songs, downloads, reviews, entertainment news, and celebrity interviews.
3) Music-Map.com - A neat way to find artists related to your favorites. Just type in the name of a band or musical artist and the site generates a "map" of artisits clustered around the name of the artist you typed in, with the closest names as the most alike. Try it, it's fun, accurate, and informative!
4) PureVolume.com - This site is mostly for little-known rock bands and includes videos and music clips. Many of the bands I have "discovered" on this site have gone on to become huge a year or two later. The site is set up similar to the music section of Myspace with band profiles and playlists.
5) SmartPunk.com - It's similar to PureVolume but is more for buying band merchandise. Think amazon.com but just for rock music. It includes a lot of independant artists as well. I'm a big fan of the "Top 100" section which lists the 100 best-selling cd's of the web site which mostly includes new breakthrough artists. Only downfall is there are not many soundclips to preview.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanx all these site were very helpfull, i really like the pureVolume.com.
ReplyDeleteI agree pureVolume.com is my favorite. I have never tried the other ones, thanks!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you posted these! I've been trying to find new places to look for music. I'm getting a little bored lol
ReplyDelete